We have a long-term focus on personal data protection and possess unique know-how in this area. Our legal services primarily involve reviewing personal data processing for compliance with the relevant legal regulations, legal advisory in the international transmission of personal data and protection thereof, preparation of all documents required to process and retain the personal data of employees, customers and/or suppliers, and representing companies in dealings with the Personal Data Protection Authority.
Our personal data protection services include:
Legal Compliance Review and Amendments:
- Review of processes within the personal data processing;
- Review of internal documents concerning personal data processing (eg, Agreements on Personal Data Processing, consents of the data subjects, internal regulations);
- Review of other documents with a potential relation to personal data processing (eg, Employment Contracts, employee bonus schemes);
- Review of registrations with local authorities;
- Identification of risks connected to the Client’s current practice and proposition of effective changes to be made in documents used by the Client’s company, processes and e-communications; i.e. drafting of all necessary documents including contracts on data processing, global and national policies, corporate binding rules, internal guidelines and consents;
- Structuring and assistance with implementation of measures ensuring legal compliance of personal data processing with the applicable legal regulation (both on the national and multinational level) including training of the responsible employees;
- Confirmation of a successful completion of a thorough review and compliance with legal personal data protection and processing requirements by way of annual certification;
- White collar criminal defense for corporate employees.
Day-to-Day Business Advisory:
- Legal support with common day-to-day personal data protection issues;
- Preparation of comprehensive standpoints on legal aspects of particular personal data processing (eg, employee monitoring, distribution of marketing communication, transfers of personal data to other jurisdictions);
- Preparation of full scope documentation necessary for personal data processing compliant with applicable legal regulation.
Transfers of Personal Data:
- Comprehensive legal advisory related to transfers of personal data abroad (both within and outside the EEA).
Registrations and Representation in Proceedings held by the Personal Data Protection Authorities:
- Assistance with determining of necessity and scope of registration;
- Representation in registration proceedings;
- Representation in any other proceedings held by the local personal data protection authority (eg, inspections).